The Bible says that as we move toward the consummation of history, things will grow darker. Tonight, we are seeing that happening before our eyes.
1. Israel is at war with Hamas,and anti Israeli sentiments are sweeping Europe.
2. Isis (Muslim Brotherhood) radical Islamic terrorist are killing Christians, sighting religious cleansing and destroying Christian symbols and holy shrines (grave sight of the prophet Jonah) in the ancient city on Niniva now called Mosul in the nation of Iraq. All over the Middle East, Christians are being persecuted. And for the most part, the Christian church and the Vatican in the free world has remained silent !
3. Russia (the great bear) is engaged in war and showing NO sign of slowing down.
4. We have a massive humanitarian crisis on our borders.
5. Our leadership in Washington is locked in political futility.
6. And worst of all the Christians in America seem to be losing their ability to see and recognize the end times we are living in.
Friends, In the natural world, as we get older, most people lose elasticity in the lenses of their eyes, diminishing their ability to focus. Likewise, if we are not carefully tending to our spiritual eyes as we age in Christ, we also can lose the flexibility of staying focused on what the Lord is wanting to do with us today.
For those of us who have walked with the Lord a long time, this loss of spiritual flexibility and focus can make us vulnerable into thinking that we discern more than we really do.
In the midst of a darkening world, we must not lose fresh focus on what the Lord has for us today. As I prepare to speak tomorrow at Central Assembly in Great Falls, Montana. I am reminded of the song that says; “Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face – and the things of earth will grow strangely dim – in the light of his glory and grace.”
Focus on Jesus he is the author and perfecter of our faith. And know in your heart He IS COMING VERY SOON !